The United States Squash Racquets Association Incorporated (“US Squash” “We” or “Us“) is committed to protecting the privacy of those who use US Squash’s member pages at usq.clublocker.com (the “Website”) and the Club Locker software as provided to you on the Website or via a downloadable application (“Club Locker” or the “Software”).
- We use your personal data to allow you to use the features in the Website and Club Locker and to comply with our legal obligations. Some of this information will be provided by you, and others will be generated by us or provided by third parties such as your clubs.
What you’ll find in this document
- Data Transfers
- What Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Withdrawing consent to direct marketing
- Sharing Your Information
- Security of the Information You Share with Us
- Control and Access to Your Information
- GSC Terms and GSC Privacy Notice
- How to Contact Us
We collect a variety of personal data about the users of Club Locker and the Website in a number of ways.. Below is a more detailed explanation of the types of data we collect from you. If you provide personal data to us, we may combine such information with other information we collect from you.
- When you register on the Website or are otherwise using the Software, we will ask you to provide certain information such as a username, first and last name, birth date, phone number, email address, and other contact information. We may also ask for certain information like your name, email address and other contact information if you try to contact us using the Website. This information is required so that registered users can properly interact with each other using the Software.
- After you register, you may choose to add to your user profile by providing additional information such as your height, weight, photograph and/or video and other biographical data, and information about your athletic performance or information relating to your team, league, facility or organization.
- We collect certain information from third parties such as your club, league or facility, who may provide information about your win and loss record or your results in specific competitions. Certain basic profile information may also be completed about you if you have not already registered on our Website or are not otherwise using the Software.
- If we provide online services to a child where we need parental consent to provide such services, or for children to use our Website, we may ask for a parent’s email address, in order to ask for consent.
- We may receive information about you when you interact with our pages on various social media outlets, for example, by logging in through or liking us on Facebook or following us on Twitter. The data we receive from these outlets is dependent upon your privacy settings with the applicable social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Software. We do not control the privacy policies or settings of these third parties.
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract we have with you to provide our Software: this is relevant where you provide Us with personal data in order to use our services, or where you seek our support. This includes:
- collecting and processing data that is mandatory to use our services;
- taking and processing payments;
- allowing you to customize your display to your preferences;
- communicating with you; and
- providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of products or services.
- As required to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your personal data to provide and improve our Website and/or Club Locker and to respond to any comments or complaints you may send us, or that others may send us;
- we monitor use of our Website and Club Locker, and use personal data for analysis and to allow use to monitor, improve and protect our content and services and investigate technology faults and suspicious activity;
- we will process personal data to allow you, your clubs and other stakeholders to carry out collaborative activities and record competitive play; we also maintain a record of matches and use a ratings algorithm to evaluate the skill levels of players;
- we use personal data you provide to personalise our Website, products or services for you;
- we will use personal data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative activities as necessary (including disclosure of such personal data in connection with legal process or litigation); and
- we will use personal data where we invite individuals to take part in market research surveys or to complete online forms to tell us about their preferred products.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- where we need parental consent to provide online services to children. However, most of our websites are not designed for children under the age of 13; and
- in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
- Where you give us consent:
- we will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by us and carefully selected partners and sponsors, as set out in any relevant consent language – see Section 6 below for more information about how you can change your direct marketing preferences;
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
- If you are an EU resident, you may withdraw your consent by emailing membership@
If we rely on your consent, you will usually be able to withdraw this consent. As described above, we may use your information for marketing or advertising purposes, or to allow third parties to contact you with information about products and services you may find useful with your consent. You can always opt-out of e-mails (and, if you are an EU resident, from other direct marketing) by clicking the link at the bottom of your email or emailing membership@. However, certain “service” email communication may be required for your use of the Software, such as notifications about your account or updates to our policies – you cannot opt out of these emails as long as you are a registered user.
We maintain your Personal Data, and other information so long as you have not cancelled your account through the provided mechanism on the Website or in the Software. We may maintain certain information after you cancel your account for reasonable purposes, such as to complete pending or outstanding payments, or as a part of the match history of other users or to meet legal requirements (such as maintaining records of purchases for accounting purposes).
We share your information in the following circumstances:
- We will use or disclose your personal data when we believe that such disclosures are required by law, regulation, legal process, subpoena, document request or governmental request. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We share your personal data, with our affiliates and other trusted business partners and service providers for purposes of processing and storage, in connection with the operation of the Software and Website, including processing payments. Our Software and Website allow leagues, clubs, facilities and governing bodies associated with your accounts to access your personal data, and to supply personal data about you (particularly in relation to your performance in competitive play).
- In the event that we, or our assets, are acquired by or merged with another entity, whether an affiliate or a third party, your personal data may be one of the transferred assets. We may transfer all such information to our acquirers or successors, and to our professional advisers.
Moreover, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords, account information, user names, and/or security questions and answers for the Website, and for logging off any protected areas of the Website when you finish a session. You should notify us immediately if you become aware of the unauthorized use of your user account, username or password. You are responsible for all use of your user account and/or user name. If you share your password with anyone, you assume all responsibility for that person’s activity related to the Website or Club Locker.
The Website and Software may collect information that is reasonably necessary for children under the age of 13 to use the Website and Club Locker, only after they have obtained parental consent. We will not knowingly request information from persons under the age of 13 without parental consent. Please do not provide any information to us for any reason, or use the Website or Software, unless you are at least 13 years of age, or if you have parental consent (which is required to register for an account using the Website or Software). Parents should caution their children not to provide any information or use the Website or the Software unless they have received a parent’s express consent. A parent may revoke his or her consent, even once it has been given, at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where you are a resident in an EU country, and where we rely on your consent as our legal basis (see Section 5 above) and where the age of parental consent is set at an age higher than 13, then these rules will also apply.
You can control your receipt of email and other messaging by visiting the “Settings” page on our Website. We may send you Club Locker related emails or messages (e.g. account verification, payment confirmations, change or updates to features of the Software, or technical and security notices). While you may opt out of certain emails, you may not opt-out of these Club Locker-related emails unless you cancel your Club Locker account.
You may close your account using the mechanism provided to you on the Website or the Software.
Our users in the United States may request and obtain from us a list of what personal data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made once a year and are free of charge. Please email us at email@example.com for any such requests.
To request to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, please submit a written request to info@.
Data that is mandatory is indicated on relevant forms that you complete. Where provision of data is mandatory, if relevant data is not provided, then we will not be able to fulfil your requests to register, make a purchase or otherwise engage our Website or Software. All other provision of your information is optional.
EU individuals have the right to obtain our confirmation of whether we maintain personal data relating to you, and to seek access to a copy of the personal data we hold about you. You may also ask us to correct, amend, or delete the personal information we hold about you, or object to the way in which we are using your data. You may also have rights to ask us to restrict our use of your data, and to ask us to transfer the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format to a third party. These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where it would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in both the GDPR and in the laws of relevant EU member states. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to exercise any other rights, should direct their query to info@. If requested to remove personal data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe and in compliance with applicable law. You will also have a right to complain to any EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you breach may have occurred if you are unhappy with our response or our processing.
By using Club Locker, GSC will use the personal data you enter into Club Locker and which US Squash shares with it. GSC uses this information to:
- operate Club Locker (which includes sharing your personal data with GSC’s cloud service provider and IT contactors);
- administer cross border rankings ;
- arrange and administer cross border tournaments;
- administer the use of Club Locker on behalf of US Squash(which includes allocating license fees and allowing leagues, clubs, facilities and governing bodies associated with your accounts to access your personal data, and to supply personal data about you (particularly in relation to your performance in competitive play)); and
- manage legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative activities as necessary (which would include disclosing personal data in connection with a legal process or litigation to law enforcement agencies or our professional advisers where we consider this is necessary).
The Websites also collect information through cookies and other similar technologies. Read to find out more.
GSC is a data controller when it uses your personal data for the above purposes. If you want to contact GSC, for example to exercise your data protection rights, you can do this by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can write to the GSC at the following address:
Global Squash Collaborative
555 Eighth Ave. Suite 1102
New York, NY 10018
For more information about GSC and its member federations see: